CDEA 2017 Board Nominations Information (Click Link for PDF)
2017 California Dance Education Association
Seeking Executive Board Positions of
PRESIDENT-ELECT, SECRETARY & TREASURER
& Greater Board Members
Nomination Period: opens October 1 / closes October 31, 2016.
Voting: polls open November 1; polls close November 20 at midnight P.S.T.
Election Results: December 1.
New Board Members Orientation: between December & February.
Positions Begin: February 1, 2017
To nominate yourself (or others for an executive board position):
See the CDEA website between October 1 & 31, 2016 to complete on-line form.
For more info. or to express greater interest concerning the following positions we would love to hear from you at: firstname.lastname@example.org
EXECUTIVE BOARD DESCRIPTIONS OF OPEN POSITIONS
PRESIDENT ELECT – MEMBERSHIP CHAIR
Term: 1-year (likely followed by 2 year presidential term)
[Average 6 hours/week. Low: 1/hour/week, High: 12 hours/week]
- Oversees Membership Recruitment, Welcoming, Cultivation, Development
- Manages Reports, E-Communications, Social Media, Web & Newsletter
- Plans and executes annual meetings, conferences and CDEA presence at NDEO conferences.
- Advocates for and represents CDEA at local and state level stakeholders and partners.
- Learns all aspects of the organization in preparation for moving into Co-Presidency for two-year term after one or two terms as President-Elect.
This position is designed to lead to a two-year presidential term with a longer position description and expectation of up to 25 hours/week of shared service duties with another Co-President. Interested applicants should contact the Executive Board at email@example.com for the full position description of Co-President. Thank you!
[Average 3 hours/week. Low: .5/hours/week, High: 5 hours/week]
- Records minutes and manages logistics for Executive Board meetings
- Ensures that CDEA files are current and contain complete organizational records.
- Maintains and updates board rosters.
- Schedules meetings.
[Average 2 hours/week. Low: .5/hours/week, High: 4 hours/week]
- Creates and manages budgets included projected budgets for approval by Board
- Pays fees, bills and organizational memberships
- Processes and distributes reimbursements in a timely manner
- Produces receipts when necessary
- Maintains checkbook
- Maintains electronic payment accounts (i.e Square, Paypal).
- Receives and manages bank cards and statements
- Keeps bank records and account books of receipts and disbursements.
- Prepares Treasurer’s report of actual income and expenditures and presents at board meetings.
- Files required state and federal income tax forms and any other governmental forms as required to maintain 501(c)3 status
Greater Board Positions are also available to members wishing to serve in a specific capacity. Greater board positions allow members to represent and serve CDEA at regional arts education conferences, be a liaison to dance pedagogy organizations and alliances, or connect regional dance interests to CDEA/NDEO. In fall 2016 we are asking for interested members to craft a short proposal for a position describing their skills sets and interest. The executive board will create position descriptions from those proposals that are accepted. These are due September 20, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your creativity and we hope you consider serving CDEA in a way that is inspiring and sustainable for you!