CDEA is committed to:
- Supporting and promoting quality dance teaching in multiple settings and promoting opportunities and access to in-depth professional development towards that aim.
- Establishing dance as an integral part of the curricula for preschool though post secondary education.
- Implementing the Visual and Performing Arts Framework and content standards for California schools.
- Working to obtain/reinstate a credential for dance educators which emphasizes high standards in the presentation of dance as a discrete art form.
CDEA Nine Sectors:
- Early Childhood
- K-12 Private
- K-12 Public
- Community/Jr College
- Public College/University
- Private College/University
- Teaching Artist
- Private Studio
- Community Programs
Jennifer La Curan
Dance Credential Site Coordinator at CSU East Bay
La Jolla 2018 Planning Committee Coordinator
Bonnie Lavin- Hughes
Policy, Technical and Proposal Writing
Liaison to Dance USA & Membership/NHSDA Site Cultivation in San Diego Region
Director of Diversity