- Supporting and promoting quality dance teaching in multiple settings and promoting opportunities and access to in-depth professional development towards that aim.
- Establishing dance as an integral part of the curricula for preschool though post secondary education.
- Implementing the Visual and Performing Arts Framework and content standards for California schools.
- Working to obtain/reinstate a credential for dance educators which emphasizes high standards in the presentation of dance as a discrete art form.
CDEA Nine Sectors:
- Early Childhood
- K-12 Private
- K-12 Public
- Community/Jr College
- Public College/University
- Private College/University
- Teaching Artist
- Private Studio
- Community Programs
Past President- Kristin Kusanovich
Co-President- Jennifer La Curan
Co-President – Nicole Robinson
President Elect – Kim Hoj
Secretary- Virginia Munday
Treasurer- Meredith Galvin
Video Producer- Heather Castillo
Dance Credential Task Force Director- Jessica Kronenberg
Grants/Scholarship Researcher & Diversity Director – Lydia Martinez
ACDA Liaison/Presenter & Model High School Dance Program Coordinator – Jeff Wallach
Communications Director & New Member Mailing Chair- Chard Gonzalez
ACDA Liaison/Presenter- Amber McCall
NDEO Conference La Jolla Planning Committee
Jenn LaCuran, Director
Bonnie Lavin Hughes
Dance Credential Task Force
Jessy Kronenberg, Director